HVAC Co-op – WAIT LIST ONLY
Date(s) - 08/Sep/2020 - 29/Jan/2021
Monday to Friday
Deposit Required - Application Processing Fee $282.50 (incl. HST)
Time(s) - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This comprehensive all-inclusive program includes the Gas Technician 3, Gas Technician 2, ODP, Working at Heights certifications and an introduction to Residential Air Conditioning; which is everything you need to jump start your career in the HVAC industry. There is no previous experience required.
It is a 20-week program where students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies by alternating one week in class with one week in the field at a local co-op placement company. We will provide you with hands on skills, contacts in the industry, on the job experience and full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories you will require as a Gas Technician certificate holder as well as a general knowledge of Residential Air Conditioning.
As part of the program we also offer job search assistance.
This program covers:
- G3 and G2 modules 1 to 24 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
- Ozone Layer Protection Awareness (ODP)
- Working at Heights
- Introduction to Residential AC systems – covers basic operation, components, tools and troubleshooting techniques.
Upon successful completion of the course and passing the certification exams, you will receive your G.3 certificate, G.2 certificate, ODP card and Working at Heights card.the skills, safety procedures and theories you will require as a Gas Technician certificate holder.
The theory and practical examinations will be administered by HiMark at our location upon completion of the course.
Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or
Be at least 18 years of age and pass a superintendent approved qualifying test
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
- Gas Technician Training Modules 1 – 24
- ODP Participant Manual
- Working at Heights Participant Manual
- Modern Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
Register for this course
Still have Questions?
We are available by phone Monday to Thursday – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Summer hours (June 21 to August 15) – Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Our courses start multiple times throughout the year!
What are you waiting for?