Gas Technician 3 Evening (waitlist)
Date(s) - 08/Dec/2020 - 04/Mar/2021
Tuesday and Thursday evenings & Saturdays 8 am to 4 pm
Deposit Required - Application Processing Fee $282.50 (incl. HST)
Time(s) - 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This is an entry level program for those who wish to start a career or upgrade their skills in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
It is a 12 week program where students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies in class.
A Gas Technician 3 (G3) license will enable you to work under supervision on any natural gas or propane fired equipment.
Examples: Furnaces, Fireplaces, Water Heaters, Pool Heaters, Stoves, Clothes Dryer, etc.
As part of the program we also offer job search assistance.
This program covers the G3 modules 1 to 9 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
This program will provide you with hands on skills and full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories you will require as a Gas Technician certificate holder.
The theory and practical examinations will be administered by HiMark at our location upon completion of the course.
- Module 1 – Protect Self & Others
- Module 2 – Fasteners, Hand Tools & Power Tools
- Module 3 – Properties, Characteristics, Safe Handling of Propane & Natural Gas
- Module 4 – Installation Codes, Acts & Regulations
- Module 5 – Introduction to Electricity
- Module 6 – Technical Manuals, Specifications, Schematics, Drawings & Graphs
- Module 7 – Customer Relations
- Module 8 – Introduction to Piping & Tubing Systems
- Module 9 – Introduction to Gas Appliances
Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or
Be at least 18 years of age and pass a superintendent approved qualifying test
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
Register for this course
Still have Questions?
We are available by phone Monday to Thursday – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Summer hours (June 21 to August 15) – Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Our courses start multiple times throughout the year!
What are you waiting for?