Gas Technician 3 Co-op & Gas Technician 2 Co-op
Please ensure to review the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy prior to registration.
Date(s) - 11/Apr/2022 - 19/Aug/2022
Monday to Friday
Deposit Required - Application Processing Fee $565.00 (incl. HST)
Time(s) - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
This is an entry level program for those who wish to start a career or upgrade their skills in the Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
It is a 19 week program where students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies by alternating one week in class with one week in the field at a local co-op placement company.
A Gas Technician 3 (G3) license will enable you to work under supervision on any natural gas or propane fired equipment.
Upgrading to a Gas Technician 2 (G2) license will enable you to install, inspect, alter, purge, activate, repair, service or remove a natural gas or propane appliance that has an input of 400,000 Btuh or less without supervision in residential and commercial applications.
Examples: Furnaces, Fireplaces, Water Heaters, Pool Heaters, Stoves, Clothes Dryer, etc.
As part of the program we also offer job search assistance.
This program covers the G3 and G2 modules 1 to 24 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
This program will provide you with hands on skills, contacts in the industry, on the job experience and full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories you will require as a Gas Technician certificate holder.
The theory and practical examinations will be administered by HiMark at our location upon completion of the course.
- Gas Technician 3:
- Module 1 – Protect Self & Others
- Module 2 – Fasteners, Hand Tools & Power Tools
- Module 3 – Properties, Characteristics, Safe Handling of Propane & Natural Gas
- Module 4 – Installation Codes, Acts & Regulations
- Module 5 – Introduction to Electricity
- Module 6 – Technical Manuals, Specifications, Schematics, Drawings & Graphs
- Module 7 – Customer Relations
- Module 8 – Introduction to Piping & Tubing Systems
- Module 9 – Introduction to Gas Appliances
- Gas Technician 2:
- Module 10 – Advance Piping & Tubing Systems
- Module 11 – Basic Electricity
- Module 12 – Controls (Mechanical & Electronic)
- Module 13 – Building a System
- Module 14 – Domestic & Non-Vented Appliances
- Module 15 – Gas Meters, Pressure Regulators & Relief Valves
- Module 16 – Domestic Gas Fire Refrigerators
- Module 17 – Conversion Burners
- Module 18 – Water Heaters, Combo Systems, Potable Water Heating Systems
- Module 19 – Forced Warm Air Heating Systems
- Module 20 – Hydronic Heating Systems
- Module 21 – Space Heating & Decorative Appliances
- Module 22 – Venting Practices
- Module 23 – Forced Air Add-On Devices
- Module 24 – Air Handling Systems
Have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent; or
Be at least 18 years of age and pass a superintendent approved qualifying test
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
Apply for this course
Still have Questions?
We are available by phone Monday to Thursday – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Summer hours (June 21 to August 15) – Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Our courses start multiple times throughout the year!
What are you waiting for?