Gas Technician 1
Date(s) - 21/Sep/2021 - 01/Feb/2022
Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Deposit Required - Application Processing Fee $565 (incl. HST)
Time(s) - 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
This is an advanced program for individuals who wish to upgrade their skills in the Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) industry.
It is a 17 week evening program where students will take part in both theoretical and practical studies in class.
A Gas Technician 1 (G1) license will enable you to install, inspect, alter, purge, activate, repair, service or remove a natural gas or propane appliance of any BTU input and the equipment and accessories essential to its operation. This includes residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Examples: Process Ovens, Furnaces, Fireplaces, Water Heaters, Pool Heaters, Stoves, Clothes Dryers, etc.
As part of the program we also offer job search assistance.
This program covers the G1 modules 26 to 31 and the applicable codes, acts and regulations.
This program will provide you with the hands on skills and full knowledge of the skills, safety procedures and theories you will require as a Gas Technician certificate holder.
The theory and practical examinations will be administered by HiMark at our location upon completion of the course.
- Module 26 – Flame Safeguard Controls
- Module 27 – Commercial Appliances
- Module 28 – Gas Fired Air Conditioning & Refrigeration
- Module 29 – Gas Technician 1: Electricity
- Module 30 – Gas Technician 1: Controls
- Module 31 – Valve Train
- Hold a valid Gas Technician 2 (G2) license for at least 2 years (or 4,000 hours) including a minimum of 500 hours working on systems operating over 400,000 Btuh under the direct supervision of a licensed G1 technician.
- A letter detailing your work experience from your employer or G1 supervisor (with their name, certificate number, signature and contact number); or a sworn statement signed by a notary public.
Details in the letter should include:
- Type of equipment
- Input rate
- Service maintenance or installation
- Accumulated time spent on each type
- B149.1 – Natural Gas & Propane Installation Code
- B149.2 – Propane Storage & Handling Code
- B149.3 – Code for the Field Approval of Fuel-Related Components on Appliances and Equipment
- Ontario Act, Regulations, and Code Adoption Documents for use with B149 Code Series
Apply for this course
Still have Questions?
We are available by phone Monday to Thursday – 7:30 am to 6:30 pm, and Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Summer hours (June 21 to August 15) – Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm
Our courses start multiple times throughout the year!
What are you waiting for?